The use of exterior and interior window coverings can help keep your home comfortable year long. With a few changes you can reduce annual electricity usage.
- Close draperies to block the sun’s heat during the warmer months and to keep out the cold air during the colder months.
- Use drapery seals to seal drapery edges to the side of windows using magnetic or velctro tape to maintain the seal around draperies.
- By completely closing and lowering blinds, you can reduce heat gain by 45% – 50%.
- Affix curtain liners to draperies to help keep heat inside your home.
- Mount storm windows inside or outside your home made from furring strips and plastic sheets to increase winter comfort and reduce heat loss during the winter.