When one thinks of pesticide poisoning, they most likely think of pesticides that are utilized on produce, such as apples, lettuce tomatoes, lettuce and other fruits and vegetables. There are additional means of pesticide exposure that occurs from insecticides and lawn treatment, but additional exposure is common from the many flea and tick control products that are used everyday.
Here are a few simple ways to minimize exposure to pesticide poisoning:
- Grow your own produce. Growing your own crops means that you can use healthful methods to control any pests. There are all-natural remedies for controlling pests and enriching soil. Or you can use organic pesticides.
- There are certain produce items which contain the highest levels of pesticides. Avoiding these crops can reduce your pesticides consumption levels by as much as 90%. Some of these items are fruit like cherries, apples, peaches, pears and grapes. Vegetables you could avoid are celery, spinach and sweet bell peppers. Remember, if they are organically grown, then these are safe to eat.
- If you spray your lawn, switch to organic lawn care. Only treat your lawn with organic products. This decreases exposure to harsh chemicals to you and your pet.
- Choose natural and organic garden care products when caring for your lawn. Be sure to read the labels to make safe choices to reduce the risk of pesticide poisoning.
- Use natural flea and tick prevention products that are safe for you and your pets. Wondercide was founded on the principal of ecological and ethical means to make the world safer.
Stephanie Boone, founder of Wondercide, started her company when her precious dog Luna became so ill from veterinarian-prescribed flea and tick prevention meds. Veterinarians suggested she put Luna down, but that was not the answer. She sought out help from scientists, professors and holistic veterinarians to develop Wondercide. Stephanie stated, “Treating the source, not the symptom” drives her to educate the public and offer an alternative to toxic flea and tick prevention medications. Luna is now 14 years old and is healthy and happy.
Evolv™ is natural and organic and is the alternative to the harsh chemicals found in veterinarian prescribed and over-the-counter flea and tick preventive medications that sickens and kills pets every year. Evolv not only repels, it kills on contact. Wondercide states, “Effective on all life cycle stages, this bio-based formula safely protects your your pet without risk to adults or children.” It’s a safe and natural way to keep your pets free from critters, all while being safe for pets and children.