- Environmentally friendly by reducing greenhouse emissions by reducing the usage of electric or gas water heater
- Reduce your energy bills, hot water accounts for 20 – 30% of the average homeowner’s energy costs.
- Increased home value – A study by the Appraisal Institute have determined that people are willing to pay more for homes with solar hot water systems.
- Extends the expected life of your residential hot water tank by dramatically reducing scaling
- Increased hot water – hot water systems can be installed with larger storage tanks to maximize the amount of heat captured by the sun.
According to the EESI, residential solar water heater systems cost between $1,500 and $3,500, compared to $150 to $450 for electric and gas heaters. With savings in electricity or natural gas, solar water heaters pay for themselves within four to eight years. And solar water heaters last between 15 and 40 years–the same as conventional systems–so after that initial payback period is up, zero energy cost essentially means having free hot water for years to come.