Solar chargers are ideal because they allow you to harvest energy from the sun and then deliver it straight into your mobile device of choice without having to plug into power outlet.The Freeloader Classic is the new star of the solar mobile charging world. Sleek and robust it contains the most cutting edge electronics capable of powering the world’s most popular devices including the iPad and the iPad2.
On the left hand-side of the battery unit are two USB ports, one full size and the other a miniUSB slot. The first is used to connect the various charging adaptors, while the smaller can be used to link the Freeloader Classic up to a PC for a quicker 3 hour charge.
There’s a specific Globetrotter Edition of the Freeloader available, building upon the Classic by adding a larger Supercharger panel that, can charge the battery up in 4hrs and is great for those who spend extended periods of time in the outdoors.
- 1200mAh environmentally friendly Li-ion battery
- 150mA premium quality crystalline solar cells
- Charge Time: 8 hours via solar panels or 3 hours PC
- Nine included tips
- Removable solar panel modules
- Charging via miniUSB option
- 8-hour solar charge time
1) Mini USB – Motorola, Blackberry, Smartphone, iMate etc
2) Micro USB – Motorola, Blackberry, Nokia etc – the new “standard phone adaptor”
3) 4mm straight jack – PSP, TomTom, EBook etc
4) Nokia 3.5mm straight jack
5) Nokia 2mm straight jack
6) Sony Ericsson – wide adaptor
7) Samsung – G600 series adaptor
8) LG – Chocolate, Prada etc
9) DS – DS Lite
*USB socket connector allows connection from devices with their own USB charge cable – e.g. Apple products.